Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas and New Year

This Christmas New Year season for me has been the best in my lifetime. As a child, Christmas was a stressful time for Mum and Dad with six children. I enjoyed the Christmas New Year seasons when Mum and Dad enjoyed them.
I realise this year was special to me because I spent time decorating our home and creating special things on my computer for decoration. The focus has not been on buying the right presents for family. This year we did a secret Santa with a minimum amount. One present was purchased instead of buying for the whole family which is costly when the six of us are married with kids and grandchildren. On reflection, I think Christmas has meant more this year because I am thankful to God for the blessings he has given me; they are, a loving family that I can serve and spend time with; a lovely home to decorate; my creative ability with computers and the experience of the technology today. The memories and joy of these experiences cannot be taken away. It is only when I let the difficult times and the stresses of this world consume me that the moments disappear. I have learnt so much in my life's journey. The mind can keep you a victim of circumstances. I continue to keep my thoughts on what I have got, what I have achieved and look at what I can do to make someone else's life better. God is gracious...Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi nice blog, I like your honesty and gratitude, big thing being grateful or having a privileged out look on life. I also follow Christ :=)

    ReplyDelete