Saturday, January 8, 2011

Make It Count


I was taking down my Christmas decorations that took so long to set up and admire for a few short weeks, though it was all worth it. These pictures were part of my decorations. When I was taking them down, I took a closer look and admired the work and detail of the artist. I have many of these pictures from a card making program that I purchased years ago. I think they are from a time when greeting cards were hand painted. I have always thought they were beautiful and looked for ways I could use them. This year I printed them out on sheets and laminated them and placed them over a sightly brickwork window sill which is part of our sunroom. I can now view them every year during the Christmas Season. The detailed, hand-crafted beautiful pictures and the love they reflect made me think of the coming year; to make everything we do in our lives; to make it count towards the respect, care, giving and love of ourselves and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment