Friday, November 12, 2010

older equipment and windows 7

Dale (my son) computer genius 
I own a HP scanner 6200C. When I installed Windows 7 there was no driver available for my old 1998 scanner which has given me excellent results and is more robust than newer ones. There is still no driver for Windows 7. I knew Microsoft would come up with a solution somehow for these sorts of issues. I have used computers since  1986 and I taught my son most of what he knows. I am pleased I have a son that has followed in my footsteps with technical stuff. My son advised me of Windows Virtual PC which runs XP mode. My scanner is now running smoothly. Eventually I will buy a new one. I have kept up with technology and purchased many software applications that I am still able to use because of Windows XP mode. So do not throw your old programs away if you enjoy using them, try installing them and using them in Windows XP mode. 
Anyone else experience similar problems?

1 comment: